Thursday, April 15, 2010

Game 1

Tonight was the first game in the series between Montreal Canadiens and Washington Capitals. Montreal was the 8th seeded team, while Washington was the number one team in the league going into this game. And who came on top? Montreal! Halak (the Canadiens goalie) had 47 shots on net and saved 45 of the shots, while Theodore (the Capitals goalie) had 38 shots on net and saved 35 of the shots. Now I am not saying Theodore did bad, he did great. But the Montreal defense shut down Ovechkin. Spacek was amazing with how well he shadowed and blocked Ovi from having a single shot on net. And the 3 stars of the night were Pleckanec, Halak and Theodore. Pleckanec scored the OverTime winning goal! And as I said, the 2 goalies were amazing. So all I have to say is that Montreal should not be overlooked in the games to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment