Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer recap

So August is coming to a close and not much has happened this past summer. In July I got to spend a few days at the cottage with friends and it was a good time. August has gone by fast. I saw "The Producers" at a local theatre and was pleasantly surprised. Great first time actors in it, and some good performances by seasoned ones as well.
Two weeks ago my sister and her dog flew in from out west. It's been a fun experience. Currently up north at the cottage with them. Nubs has picked up one of Honey's habits, which is diving for rocks. She is a little more hesitant than Honey about putting her head in the water, but is getting the hang of pawing them to the shallow waters and just putting her mouth in to pull them out. A very smart dog.
I am just under 25000 words for my story, and about to start the fifth chapter. It's been stop and go the past few days I have been up at the cottage, but got another few pages added into it.
I have begun to worry about New Zealand and planning my route and finding work. Hoping for the best, and going to buy my plane ticket in two weeks. Nervous and excited, but also worried. Such a mix of emotions playing through me right now.
Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment