It has been quite a while since I last posted on here. Almost a full month.
I guess I should inform the few people that read this on the random times I update what I have been up too.
School is in full swing, and I am already behind in some classes for readings.
I went to Vancouver and that was great.
My sister Susan and future brother in law Brock had an amazing new apartment which they moved out of 3 days after I left.
In there building they had a gym, a salt water pool and hot tub, a sauna, and a steam room. I used the pool, hot tub, sauna, and steam room all on my first day. It was glorious. The first night was pretty relaxed, and we just chilled at the apartment. Friday was a whole different story.
I woke up and went for a swim, then a roller blade, then a walk around Vancouver to my sisters friends place where they were holding a farewell/engagement party for Sue and Brock. Country music all night long, WOOT!
Her friends were really fun, and energetic.
After the informal cowboy dinner, we headed out to the "only" country club in Vancouver.
While we were at the club, this guy got a pretty rough beat down by 3 of the bouncers. Including judo choke hold, and being kneed in the face. I left shortly after this, and went to sleep at the apartment. After about an hour, in my semi sleep state, I hear "Lucy we're home!" "Brock, shush, she's probably asleep." Oh how I kind of regret having the name Lucy at times. Oops almost forgot, the friend who hosted the dinner/pre-drinks had a cat named Lucy.
The next morning we were up bright and early, and headed out on the ferry to go to the island. Right when we got to our Aunt's place, I went swimming in the lake they live on with my Aunt Elaine. It was kind of chilly, only a little colder than when I was at the cottage last.
It was beautifully sunny that day and couldn't let an opportunity to go swimming pass me by.
We had a wonderful dinner, and desert, and great stories and company. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Sunday brought about another trip on the ferry, this time back to Vancouver, and a dinner with some more family. Our Aunt Rose, Uncle Gord, and cousin Sarah, drove into Vancouver and we went to a nice sports restaurant and had a good meal. The talk was mostly old family stories, kind of inducting Brock into the craziness that is the Lenio's.
I flew home early the next morning, and went to my night class when I did get back, then a truck shift the next morning at 4am. It was a busy few days, but I can finally say I am almost caught up on my sleep :P
No comments:
Post a Comment